Monday, January 17, 2005

Aiding and Abetting the Enemy

I hesitate to send this link because the post is on the lengthy side, and most of us reading things in the blogosphere want the quick "get in and get out" posting. But I strongly implore you to read this essay by Lieutenant Colonel Tim Ryan--a Task Force (Battalion +) Commander in Iraq, entitled Aiding and Abetting the Enemy. I'm tempted to post the whole thing below, but instead I'll just encourage you to follow the link to read the whole thing. It's simply the best thing I've read thus far on the situation on the ground there and the role of the media--whose actions, LTC Ryan argues, "borders on being criminal." His thesis is that "Through their incomplete, uninformed and unbalanced reporting, many members of the media covering the war in Iraq are aiding and abetting the enemy."