Monday, September 12, 2005

Doug Wilson on Skinism

Doug Wilson has written a very thoughtful post on racisim:

I take it as a given that any conservative Christian who addresses cultural issues at all is not worth his salt if he does not get himself accused of racism. I am convinced that unless we are drawing that charge somehow, some way, then we are not doing our part to threaten the prevailing multi-cultural hoohah. It is therefore important to incur the charge of racism. It is equally important that the charge be a slander and a falsehood.

I encourage you to read the whole thing. I'd be curious to hear what you all think. (By the way, I'm not interested in hearing what you think about Wilson's historical view of slavery--just what he says here. So if you comment, please stay on topic. Thanks.)

(HT: Phil Johnson)