Sunday, October 02, 2005

Judge Luttig

Hugh Hewitt: "ConfirmThem.com hears it is Judge Luttig or Judge Williams. I am hoping for the former, and if not Judge Luttig, then the 10th Circuit's Michael McConnell. The best case for either man is that they are the best men for the court. In the end, I am hoping that President Bush makes a choice that he can defend to the country as a simple merit pick, free of political calculation or constituency bolstering."

I'm not sure why, but I had a dream the other night that the nominee would be Judge Luttig. Given that my predictions almost never come true, don't hold your breath.

Update: My unrivaled string of unreliable predictions continues! "President Bush to nominate White House counsel Harriett Miers to replace retiring Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor, CNN has learned."