Saturday, January 21, 2006

Roe v. Wade: 33rd Anniversary

Sunday will be the 33rd anniversary of Roe v. Wade.

John Piper suggested I pass along this website--www.abort73.com/--which communicates the truth about abortion in America. Watch the second streamed video...weep...and resolve to do something in 2006 to fight against this great evil.

Today my father-in-law were running some errands, and I saw a guy walking along the curb. He had a big sandwhich board, with handpainted red letters that said STOP ABORTION NOW. I'm sure that 99% of the people who saw him drudging through the slush with his snow boots thought he was a kook. That was my first thought. And perhaps he is. But whoever he is, he is at least trying to do something to speak truth to a deaf nation. A guy like that is easy to mock. His methods may not be very effective. But what are we doing as a holocaust continues down the block from us throughout our country.

Are we prepared to engage in thoughtful, meaningful conversation on this issue? Can we defend the notion that the unborn baby is a person? Do we know the basic facts? Do we understand public opinion on the matter? Do we fear man?

Those are the questions I need to ask of myself and my family, and I'd encourage you to do the same.

Some suggested resources to consider:

15 Pro-Life Truths to Speak (John Piper)
Abortion...Why Care?
(Self-Evident Truth)
Had an Abortion? (Self-Evident Truth)

Five Bad Ways to Argue About Abortion (Scott Klusnendorf)
How to Defend Your Pro-Life Views in 5 Minutes or Less (Scott Klusnendorf)

Toddler Tactics (Scott Klusnendorf)
Abortion Debate: A Short Defense of the Pro-Life Position (Scott Klusnendorf)
Prenatal Pics
Abortion Pics