Tuesday, February 28, 2006

C.S. Lewis Audio

Here is some rare audio footage of C.S. Lewis. (HT: A-Team)

Beyond Personality: The New Men
Hear the only surviving footage of C.S. Lewis's broadcast talks. This is the last episode in Beyond Personality, the third series. It was broadcast on BBC radio on 21st March 1944. We apologise for the sound quality.

The transcripts of all three series were published as Mere Christianity.

The New Men (Realmedia, 14m 05s)

An introduction to The Great Divorce
"Blake wrote The Marriage of Heaven and Hell. If I've written of their divorce, this is not because I think myself a fit antagonist for so great a genius, nor even because I feel at all sure that I knew what he meant..."

C.S. Lewis introduces his book The Great Divorce in a clip first broadcast on 9th May 1948.

The Great Divorce (Realmedia, 1m 58s)