Monday, October 02, 2006

Matthew Smith: All I Owe

Matthew Smith has a new album coming out, entitled All I Owe (release date: Oct. 24). Who is Matthew Smith?

"As lead singer of the Indelible Grace band, and a key participant in the Indelible Grace albums, Matthew Smith has been a part of the new hymns movement, which joins old hymns with new music and is impacting worship worldwide. Now with the release of his first full-length solo album, All I Owe, Matthew continues pursuing his passion of seeing more people see the beauty of the Gospel of grace through hymns."


Here are the hymns include on this album:

1. Come Thou Fount Of Every Blessing
2. All I Owe
3. Thy Blood Was Shed For Me
4. None Among
5. His Love Can Never Fail
6. Jesus, I Am Resting
7. How Helpless
8. My Lord I Did Not Choose You
9. The Lord Will Provide
10. Nothing But The Blood

If you go to Smith's myspace site, you can listen to a few of these songs, including the title track, "All I Owe," which I really enjoyed. I'd recommend listening to the song while reading the lyrics below.

All I Owe
Words: Robert Murray McCheyne and Matthew S. Smith
Music: Matthew S. Smith

When this passing world is done,
When has sunk yon glaring sun,
When we stand with Christ in glory,
Looking o’er life’s finished story,
Then, Lord, shall I fully know,
Not till then, how much I owe

All I owe you paid for me
From all I owe I’ve been set free
And all I owe proves your great mercy to me

When I stand before your throne,
Dressed in beauty not my own,
When I see you as you are
Love you with unsinning heart,
Then, Lord, shall I fully know,
Not till then, how much I owe

Chosen not for good in me,
Wakened up from wrath to flee,
Hidden in the Savior’s side,
By the Spirit sanctified,
Teach me, Lord, on earth to show,
By my love, how much I owe


You can preorder the album here.