Thursday, February 08, 2007

"The Most Important Person You Don't Know"

Tim Stafford writes: "Andrew Walls was mildly incredulous when I phoned him in Aberdeen, Scotland, to ask for an interview. Of course he would gladly help me, he said in a restrained Scotch brogue, but was I sure I had the right person? He couldn't understand why Christianity Today would want to write about him. The reason is simple: Andrew Walls may be the most important person you don't know."

Read the whole thing. I was particularly struck by Jonathan Bonk's phrase to describe Walls's work: "His magnum opus is people."

For Walls's books, see The Missionary Movement in Christian History: Studies in Transmission of Faith and The Cross-Cultural Process in Christian History: Studies in the Transmission and Appropriation of Faith. Regent also has a couple of audio lectures of his available for purchase.