Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Biblical Foundations (en Espanol)

Andreas Köstenberger's blog, Biblical Foundations, is now available in Spanish:

http://fundamentosbiblicos.com/

I think this is a significant development for a number of reasons:

(1) I love the idea of serious biblical scholars blogging; may their tribe increase. I consider Dr. Kostenberger's blog a "bridge blog," helping to close the gap between the academy and the church. I think his blog is a model of how this should be done. His posts are focused. They are meaty yet accessible. I also appreciate that they are not overly lengthy or numerous.

Furthermore, I am a fan of Dr. Kostenberger's work on the family.

I think his book God, Marriage, and Family is a landmark work. In other words, I agree with the blurbers:
“In breadth of coverage, thoroughness of learning, clarity of analysis and argument and, I think, soundness of judgment, this solid, lucid, pastorally angled treatise has no peer. Evangelicals who research, debate, teach, and counsel on gender, sex, marriage, and family will find it an endlessly useful resource. The easy mastery with which the author threads his way through forty years’ special pleadings gives this compendium landmark significance, and I recommend it highly.”

J. I. Packer, Professor of Theology, Regent College

“A generation ago the most influential book on marriage for me was God and Marriage by Geoffrey Bromiley. Now I have been married over 35 years and have sons who are near where I was in their marriages. For them—and for a whole generation under assault on the meaning of marriage and family—I am now looking to Andreas Köstenberger’s new and larger God, Marriage, and Family to do for this generation what Bromiley’s book did for mine. Unlike Bromiley’s book, Köstenberger’s book takes on the challenges of the present explicitly. That is more necessary now than it was 25 years ago. The special value of this book lies again in its pervasive exposition of Scripture. We are adrift in a sea of speculation without this. I am thankful for the book. I plan to give it to my grown children.”
John Piper, Pastor for Preaching, Bethlehem Baptist Church, Minneapolis

All to say, it seems to me to be a wonderful gift for the church now to have this blog available in Spanish!