Friday, May 30, 2008

Moody's President Resigns

Out of Moody:
Dr. Michael J. Easley has announced his resignation from the Presidency of Moody Bible Institute in Chicago, Ill., effective June 30, 2008.

After much thought, prayer, and consultation, I have asked the Board of Trustees of the Moody Bible Institute to relieve me of my duties as President so that I may devote more time and energy seeking medical treatment for my back,” said Dr. Easley in a letter to the Moody community. “Surgery has already once interrupted my tenure for several weeks, and unfortunately it has become clear that more treatment is required. I have come to the difficult conclusion that under the circumstances I cannot be as effective a President as the Institute deserves.”

Read the whole thing. Pray for that God would raise up the right man. Moody now joins Bethel, Gordon-Conwell, and Trinity (among others) in looking for a new president.