Friday, October 10, 2008

Joni Eareckson Tada

Under Jesus, I believe we should have heroes. And Joni Eareckson Tada is one of my heroes for her authentic, passionate, rock-ribbed, trinitarian God-centeredness.

Due to health problems she had to cancel her trip to Chicagoland to participate in the True Woman conference. But she was able to videotape her message, and I watched some if it online tonight. If it's posted online, I'll link to it. Here is the audio. One line that will stick with me: "Yield to the chisel."

I am scarcely able to watch Joni speak without my eyes filling with tears, my heart welling with repentance, and my mouth wanting to sing Christ's praises more.

I was reminded of listening to her from a few years ago at the DG conference talking about suffering--a very powerful experience watching this quadripalegic witness, sing, and dance in faithful worship. You can watch the video online, or listen to the audio, or get the booklet.