Friday, December 05, 2008

Frank James

From Frank James at RTS-Orlando:

After nearly seven years of serving RTS, both as Chief Academic Officer and then as President of the Orlando campus, the time has come for me to return to the classroom and my writing. The Chancellor and I have mutually agreed that the time is right for such a transition. I look forward to working with the next president as he leads the campus into the future. At the request of the Chancellor, I will continue to serve the Orlando campus as president until a new president or an interim is appointed. In addition, Ric has asked me to serve as Special Assistant to the Chancellor for Academic Relationships. In this position, I will continue to serve on the Chancellor’s Cabinet and on the institutional Management Team and I will work to build relationships with schools in the US and abroad where our students seek entrance into Ph.D. programs. I will also counsel and aid students throughout the RTS campus system who are seeking entrance into Ph.D. programs.

Let me add that it has been one of the great blessings of my life to serve as President alongside a wonderful staff and outstanding faculty. You are more than colleagues—you are dear brothers and sisters in Christ. I will faithfully pray for all of you and ask that you join me in praying for Ric and the Board as they seek a new president for RTS Orlando.

Dr. James is an outstanding classroom teacher. I look forward to the future fruit of his writing and teaching labors.